Shooting is one of the most critical skills in a game. Without it there will be no goals scored which obviously means no there would be no win.
The ability to shoot with both feet is the sign of a top quality player. Reaction, speed, and decision making are other key ingredients for a successful shot on net.
Before shooting on net keep your eye on the ball and your head steady. Decide on the part of your foot you will use depending on whether you want to drive the ball or bend it.
Always think about accuracy before power. Especially in a training environment repetition of getting the ball on target will increase your success in the game. The game is about statistics and consistency. Focus first on getting the ball on target, placement, and then power.
Here are some tips that will help your power and accuracy, which can be drawn from observation of other sports such as golf or baseball.
- The swing starts from the mid section. Use the following steps:
- Breath in and breath out on follow through of your shot. If you are shooting with your right foot for example along the ground. Attack the ball. Place your supporting foot (Left foot) beside the ball in the direction of the opponents net. Get your body over the ball. Both arms should be too your left before the follow through.
- Your right shooting foot should be raised behind you as high as possible.
- As you shoot the ball your reaction should be explosive, like the trigger of a gun. Flex your hip and lock your ankle.
- Swing your arms across your body in the opposite direction.
- Drive the ball with your laces toward the goal with accuracy. On the follow through your left foot (Back foot) should be off the ground. Be ready to react for a rebound
Stay Fit, Train Smart, and Play Hard!